Need new RUNNING shoes!
I feel like my current Mizuno Wave Precision 11 is now overused and needs to be replaced. Lately I always get a left knee pain whenever I run in them. But just to give credit, I probably logged a thousand kilometers with it and I am VERY happy+satisfied.
While I haven’t decided, I’m patiently using my Nike Lunar Glide 2, a pair of shoes which has been kept in the box a month after I bought it and last used it in my Condura 2011 half marathon. Reason why I never used it again was that it killed by toe nail (big toe!) and I had to wear nail polish for over 6 months (not the typical me). Argh. I really need new shoes now, and so far I’m looking at getting either of the shoes below.
I’m still quite confused as both have good feel on my feet. Clearly the NB one looks a lot better (Pink!), but I’m leaning more towards the Precision12 since I loved the previous version 11. (Note: Mizuno claims there isn’t much difference between them) As I checked some websites though, the Precision version 13 came out fast but probably not yet available for sale in Manila so that’s definitely a red flag if there were complaints with the 12. Or should I just wait for the 13s?
Women’s Road – Mizuno Wave Precision 12
Capturing the simplistic purity and beauty of Japanese Block Printing, the ultra lightweight Wave Precision 12 offers a phenominal running experience. Soft yet durable blown rubber forefoot outsole design for cushioning and flexibility. TPU landing zone for targeted durability.
- Weight: 8.0 oz.
- Dynamotion Fit: Reduces lateral stress for optimal fit
- Mizuno Wave: Combines cushioning and stability
- SmoothRide: Minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot during transition
- AP+ Midsole: Offers increased rebound and a “bouncier” feeling, which extends the cushion durability, while maintaining the light weight performance
- X10: The most durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear in high impact areas and supplements traction at heel strike
- Mizuno AIRmesh: Provides the utmost in breathability and comfort of the upper
Women’s Road – New Balance 890v2
WEIGHT:225 grams (7.9 oz)
- Flat, soft laces slide through uniquely flat lacing holes, locking them in place and preventing top-of-foot discomfort
- Created to meet the competitive requirements of world-class runner and Team New Balance member Andy Baddeley, whose name appears on the men’s 890
- Blown rubber outsole is extremely flexible, light, and helps provide cushioning
- Synthetic/mesh upper provides lightweight comfort and support
- Removable full-length insert of ABZORB® cushioning provides added comfort
- Welded seams for no-sew material application
- Abzorb® Strobel Board runs full length of shoe to maximize shock absorption and comfort
Shoe information from Runningshoes.com